Family

Half the laundry pile…

(…3 loads still to wash downstairs.)
clean laundry
You might be wondering how we could possibly have that much laundry.

Or perhaps… how could we possibly soil that much laundry (in 3 days)?!

Well believe me, you don’t want to know.

Justus did end up getting that flu bug, and it gave my poor Junie a round 2 all day today.
Insanity. GROSS insanity.
And… slap a quarantine sign on my door because the doctor told me today chicken pox are now on the way!
Groan.
Excuse the lame rhyme, I’m reeeeeeeeally tired.

• Reply gottabekd March 15, 2011 at 7:21 am

Well, it might have been the pox party you went to! Don’t need a doctor for that! I hope your kids get through the chicken pox all right…

• Reply Christa March 15, 2011 at 10:35 am

Yeah, this was the flu unfortunately (and Juno got better and then got worse really fast, so we took her just to be sure. She is prone to secondary infections.). The doctor thought her sudden downturn meant she was going to wake up with the pox, but that would have been an incubation period of only like 5 or 6 days. She woke up today as sunny and happy as can be (with clear skin!), so I think the pox are yet to come…

• Reply Lisa @ Just the 6 of us March 15, 2011 at 11:55 am

I was thinking of you and I was hoping things were getting better! Oh dear. But I do hope that the kids do get the chickenpox, because if you think about it, with so many kids immunized against it, your chances of coming into contact with the virus are going to get slimmer and slimmer. So hopefully they will still come, after the puke-fest has finished of course. 🙂

• Reply Christa March 15, 2011 at 12:48 pm

exactly, that’s why we purposefully exposed them. It’s a mild illness for kids, but a major one when you are older, and the vaccine doesn’t totally protect you. Plus having chicken pox in snowy, cold March and being stuck in is not nearly as bad as if it hit by chance later in the summer or over a vacation or holiday or something. They should get them, they were VERY exposed and I’ve read that even 15 minutes in the same room with a contagious person should do it… they are SO contagious. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get them, just really hoping they have a short incubation period and not the 3 weeks it could be!!!

• Reply Jon March 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Well heck I hope that even though I have had vaccinations I don’t get it!

Hey, you don’t have to do too much laundry – I know for a fact that there are some articles of clothing and laundry that needed to go in the trash!

What a weekend!

• Reply Jon March 16, 2011 at 10:49 am

Hey, is it me or was that pile a lot bigger this morning?

• Reply Jen March 16, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Well, if they do get the chicken pox, maybe we should plan a pox party with you! Share the love! 😉

• Reply Christa March 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm