Family, Life

33!!!

Happy 33 My Love!
DSC_0050

Yesterday afternoon (rather last minute), my parents took our kids and I took Jon away for a night at Inn on the Harbour in Port Stanley. We had been there once before, for our first anniversary, and LOVE it. The Ontario’s Finest Inns are really beautiful and restful…if you’ve never been to one I highly recommend trying one of them on your next weekend away!

Plug complete. Well… almost. Here is the view from our room…
IMG_0304
ahhhh. We love water.

It was a lovely night there, very restful! We each had a look through their little library and spent almost the whole evening reading novels! <3

I woke up before the sunrise and slipped upstairs to the lounge to watch from the comfy window seats…
IMG_0325
The little inn was silent and the sky still dark, but the fishermen had already taken out their boats. I wonder what time their day begins?
IMG_0306
The quiet moments watching a peaceful harbour were such a gift this morning. Then I went downstairs, slipped back into bed, and slept until 10 o’clock! AMAZING!
IMG_0309
We checked out and on the way home enjoyed a leisurely coffee stop at Coffee Culture in St Thomas. We picked up the kids, ran some errands etc, and then began preparing for the real party! 🙂
DSC_0010
We Sodemans love celebrating! Justus helped me make our traditional chocolate cake (I’ll post the recipe this week, it’s the best!) and Jon ordered pizza. We made sure we had 33 candles on the cake this year… wow!
DSC_0013
DSC_0025
DSC_0043
DSC_0062
Juno made sure to contribute her usual joy. I’m keeping photographic records of just how many Sodeman celebrations she “enjoys” this way… lol
DSC_0056
DSC_0058
Now we are off to watch the newest Harry Potter on Blu-Ray! Great start to a fresh year of Jon!

• Reply Debbie April 18, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Happy Birthday Jon! Looks like it has been amazing!

Love Harold & Debbie, and Rubster too!

• Reply Rosemary April 19, 2011 at 8:06 am

I love the siding and trim colour of the Inn. I wanted to replicate it here but I just couldn’t find a colour that was close. Glas to hear you had a great time-will have to visit there sometime.

• Reply smillar April 19, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Hahah, ohhh Juno

• Reply Hannah April 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Love it! Love the standard Juno photo. Reminds me so much of Miles. Wish they could play/cry/tantrum together. Or maybe they are just too similar! Joel’s actually taken my big two back to Adelaide so I could have a couple of days break. They arrive back tonight and it’s been bliss! Got so much done with just one around. Anyways, Happy Birthday Jon!

• Reply Christa April 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Oh I SO wish they could meet and tantrum together! Mothers of passionate babies unite! 🙂 Glad you had a few days of rest and productivity Hannah! And I so don’t buy that Joel doesn’t think your accent is cute! Aussies only pretend to dislike American accents!!!

• Reply Jon April 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm

This is the year I’m telling you! Every year after this is going to suck, I’m convinced of it.

You didn’t mention that I only read one full book while I was 32, and it was the night before I turned 33!

Thanks for making it a great night/day Christa, I love you! And thank you for the book!

Thank you Justus for the smiles and hyperactivity after the cake icing!

Thank you Juno for being so miserable in a cute way.

• Reply Christa April 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Love you… it was a fun birthday this year! Better than last year’s shop for your own runners birthday…. 🙂

• Reply Christa April 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm

forgot to mention… this latest Juno moment was brought to you by ear infection number 892. Her brother’s got one too this time. Fun! Fun!

This is our problem, I can never tell what is illness and what is tantrum. The symptoms are the same!!!

• Reply Jen April 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Glad to hear you could get away and that you had a wonderful time! I’m jealous!! 🙂 And the fact that you slept until 10:00 a.m.!! SO jealous again!! 😉 I can only dream of that!!!!
    Happy belated birthday Jon!

And I’m so sorry to hear about the ear infections!!! Not fun! (so I hear anyway, because we actually have never dealt with that in our house (yet), but I better be careful what I say b/c a few months ago when I told someone my kids hadn’t ever been sick to their stomachs, 3 days later…well, I can’t say that anymore!) 😉 Hope everyone is feeling better REAL soon!!!