Family, Life

i think i might actually know my own mind…

So… I think the decision is made that we are moving to the country. Which property we end up at is still to be determined, but the decision to relocate is pretty much made. I asked Jon yesterday if I could blog about it, because I knew that somehow once I wrote out all the pros and cons and made them public, and heard the response (positive and negative), my true feelings would rise to the surface. That is some sort of personality thing I remember learning about in myers-briggs tests. I have to mentally battle through something and even hear criticism (not that you guys criticized! At all! I loved both the encouragement and advice! Both were very valid and helpful!) before I can embrace it.

I actually read on another blog like 5 minutes ago about changing the world – that at some point you have to step out from comfortable, safe, predictable and into unknown, unseen, and different. And that’s what this move is about… changing our family’s world, our family’s culture. There is risk involved in every change, but I don’t want to let fear keep us from missing out on what could be incredible, or hold us back from building the lifestyle that we want for our kids.

I know moving to some is not nearly this dramatic, but in our little world it feels like a big deal. Can’t wait to find out where we will end up! The possibilities are fun to consider now that my heart feels free to do so!

• Reply smillar October 4, 2011 at 2:05 pm

There will be weekend long sleepovers from me then 🙂
    It’ll be crazy to be out in the country again. Excited for you! That’s a big step

• Reply Jon October 4, 2011 at 2:14 pm

New house!

A pickup truck! Finally!!!

• Reply Jen October 4, 2011 at 2:18 pm

So while I was posting my response, you made up your mind! 🙂 That’s exciting! As corny as it sounds, the important thing is you’re with family, no matter where your home is! 🙂 Enjoy the change! 🙂

• Reply Lisa @ Just the 6 of us October 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Well that’s exciting! I’m happy for you, a little sad for me because if that is the property you move too you will be rather far away, but we have our phones and our blogs so we can still keep in touch. I didn’t respond to your other post, but snow is my big concern in the country… especially clearing a long driveway because then you need a snow-blower. And then the roads never seem that clear in the country even if they are plowed. And then most people have lawn tractors when you have an acre of grace to cut. So it definitely is a bigger commitment financially as there is more of that kind of stuff to own and maintain. But you’ve done it before so you would know! The freedom to have the kids run around and have your own space will definitely be worth it.

• Reply Natashia October 4, 2011 at 9:01 pm

How exciting! 🙂 The kids will love it!!!

• Reply Christa October 4, 2011 at 9:26 pm

maybe we’ll be settled into a new place by the time you come! How fun! One of the houses has a 4th bedroom, it could be yours! 🙂

• Reply Natashia October 4, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Oh wow! That would be cool 🙂 I am so excited about coming! It’s not really that far away – just 3 school terms!!!!

• Reply Jen October 5, 2011 at 10:35 am

Just hanging out my clothes…which made me think…another great thing I love about the country!! I’m not sure what the by-laws are in the city now? But I LOVE my clothesline!! 🙂

• Reply gottabekd October 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I think it’s terrible that the city by-laws say no clothes lines. That’s silly. But they can only do something if someone complains. I think you are allowed one of those laundry trees but they are really expensive. Country life sounds fun!

• Reply Debbie October 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Woot! Congratulations on a new adventure 😀

• Reply gottabekd October 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Totally unrelated, but I found a very neat bracelet on ETSY for Titus 2. I know you guys are doing a Titus 2 study on Tuesday mornings and thought of you all…

here’s the link. I loved it!

• Reply Christa October 6, 2011 at 1:29 am

• Reply Jen October 8, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I too think it’s terrible about the clothesline by-laws. I had wondered if it changed, but I guess not?! 🙁 It’s so crazy to have that when we’re always talking about ‘saving the environment’ & ‘going green’…what better way to contribute a little to that philosophy then to allow ppl to hang their clothes out! If the by-laws don’t change by the time we move, I’ll be VERY disappointed! 🙁

• Reply Christa October 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm

you can have some types of clothes trees, but not clothes lines.