Recipes

easy homemade bread

Today I made this bread…

And got this response…
e44e287e618c11e19896123138142014_7

It was really simple and it’s REALLY good. And I got immense satisfaction out of the whole process, it felt so domesticated. :)

Oh my word. Scroll down to the colic post and look at the picture of little screaming Juno, then scroll up and look at her today. Is it just me or is motherhood the longest fleeting moment ever experienced? The days can D R A G but the years seem to fly.

• Reply gottabekd February 28, 2012 at 6:49 am

Wow, I didn’t know that photo was supposed to be Juno. She looks like she was in PAIN… and so were you at the distance you held her. I’m glad the colic days are over and yes, those were very long days. Now look at our kids!

• Reply Christa February 28, 2012 at 7:18 am

That pic was actually jus after her first bath- she hated it! We were laughing a bit at her extreme protest, I was just holding her away so I didn’t have to be in the picture! :) but yes, she was in pain every night (and so was I!), poor little creature!

• Reply Nicole @ Daily Dish Recipes February 28, 2012 at 8:26 am

That is the cutest smile! I am so glad your children and you liked the bread. It’s so yummy, we make it a lot and use it as our “sandwich bread” but it goes perfect as a snack or even with dinner.
    Thanks for making and trying out my recipe!

• Reply Christa February 28, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Thanks for sharing the recipe! We loved it!

• Reply Jon February 28, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’m down 5lbs in one week then I come home to this deliciousness.

• Reply Jen February 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm

At the risk of sounding stupid, what does “proof your yeast” mean? :) I really want to try this bread! I’ve only made bread in the machine, but have been wanting to make loaves the ‘old fashioned’ way (for sandwiches b/c the bread we buy is WAY too expensive!) and if you say this recipe’s good & easy, then that’s good enough for me and I’m going to give it a try!! :)

• Reply Jen February 29, 2012 at 8:18 pm

So just read the recipe again…is ‘proofing a word to describe the first part? (i.e. the water/sugar and yeast and letting it sit?) Or is it something that I’m supposed to do before that even? :) Oh my…I bake alot, but homemade bread is foreign territory to me! :)

• Reply Christa February 29, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I didn’t know proofing either! It is just that first bit, with the warm water and sugar and yeast… At least, I just followed the instructions exactly and it turned out.

• Reply Lisa Y February 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm

proofing means that you put the yeast in warm water and make sure that it still bubbles, and is active. This youtube might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksziuzwLuGY