Recipes

Secretly Healthy Chocolate Cake

(Click on the above photo twice to get through to the recipe)

I’m not turning my back on Cynthia’s Chocolate Cake by any means… but this one did provide a nice alternative… lots of zucchini, some whole wheat flour and no fat added… not too shabby! It was extremely moist and pretty tasty! I substituted the recommended glaze and nutella topping for a thin layer of cream cheese icing and I cooked it in a 8×10 (i think!) inch pan for maybe 30 minutes?
b907f7fa7df511e1a87612313804ec91_7

Rusty asked for thirds, and he prefers white cake, so I’d say that qualifies this as a winner. :)

Love this whole blog!

• Reply gottabekd April 4, 2012 at 6:47 am

Yum, going to have to try this sometime! I love anything healthy. We tried a zucchini cake once with friends, and strangely enough my friend could taste the zucchini. Oh well! Thanks for blogging again, I’ve missed you!

• Reply Christa April 4, 2012 at 8:55 am

Well, you could still tell it was “healthy”, but if I had added the chocolate chips that might have changed that. It was still good though! :)

• Reply Jen April 4, 2012 at 9:26 am

I do love Cynthia’s, but I’ll have to give this a try! :)
    I have a brownie recipe using mashed potatoes if you want that recipe sometime…very moist and a great way to use up those leftover mashed potatoes! :)

• Reply Christa April 4, 2012 at 10:18 am

mashed potatoes? Hmmm… that one sounds interesting… lol It’s probably amazing, but who would have thought of that?!

• Reply Jen April 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Did you happen to have a brownie at last week’s bible study? B/c that’s what they were! :)

• Reply Christa April 4, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Lol I didn’t! You have to tell me when you bake for Tuesday! I get a little freaked out eating things when I don’t know who made them, so I tend to avoid that buffet of goodies. A total shame because I end up missing out on all kinds of yummy! Like mashed potato brownies for example! :). But really- I would have tried them if I knew!!!

• Reply Jon April 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm

These were dangerously good!