Family

Goodbye cuddles

goodbye
goodbye
Well, the boys are off! Flight leaves at 1:30am for Hong Kong, and then on to Kathmandu!

<will not cry, will not cry, will not cry>

In truth, I already cried all the way home from dropping him off.  I am a very independent type in many ways, and I have never actually had trouble with Jon leaving before for trips. But this is the longest he will have been away since the kids were born, and well, for whatever reason this time I am just really really sad, and even a little fearful. I’m feeling for my anxious friends at the moment, my heart and guts are twisted up with probably the strongest feeling of anxiety/fear I think I’ve ever experienced. Not sure what that means, or if it means anything… but it’s a new sensation and it’s certainly not pleasant.

I’ll do my best to write a post about what they are doing there and all that, but right now I’m feeling a little empty, so I think a movie in bed is what I need to settle down for the night in my quiet house. I may use this blog as a little Nepal journal for the next 10 days, filling it with pics of the kids for Jon and updates of his trip for everyone else, hope that’s ok!

Remember to pray for the guys!!
Nepal trip
Jon Sodeman – Norm Millar  – Tim Wiebe

• Reply Lisa Y November 9, 2010 at 9:15 pm

I don’t feel like I am the best person to give you advice on the feeling that you are feeling, because I struggle with it myself.

BUT, this is a verse that I cling to especially during those times….

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34

Know that you are loved, and if you need someone just to listen that I am here!

• Reply Christa November 9, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Thanks Lisa, I appreciate that. Love you. I’m sure I will be taking you up on that offer, I’m lonely already!

• Reply Jen November 9, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Ahhh Christa. I was emotional reading this post. I too have struggled with that feeling at times. Know that I’ll be praying for you! Feel free to come for a playdate! 🙂

• Reply GP November 10, 2010 at 4:42 am

Wow, such a big deal. I hope you’re ok and ye can check in while he is gone. Will be thinking about you poppet! <3

• Reply Carolyn November 10, 2010 at 10:28 am

Hey Christa: Praying for you and for the guys…this trip feels like an opportunity for God to show his power and control in all things…I pray that as you adjust to the situation a calm will replace the anxiety…it has been a long time since Jon has been so far for so long…I have never known him to be gone more than a few days to the States so this is BIG! Thanks for putting yourself out there for everyone to see…very brave…FB is the most I have been able to do! I will be praying and looking forward to seeing all about the trip…thanks for blogging it!

• Reply Christa November 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm

thanks girls… feeling MUCH better today. Looking forward to hearing from the boys when they land in Hong Kong.