Family

sprinkles aplenty

Well, we decorated all those Christmas cookies. Feingold peeps (and mom!), close those eyes. This was an artificial extravaganza!

I think Justus was nervous having all that candy in sight…
photo
He had a hard time believing I was actually going to let them decorate with as much as they wanted.
photo-1
The mess this decorating experience created was astounding. Like nothing else. Crunchy, sticky sprinkles EVERYWHERE.
photo-3
And the cookies… wow.
photo-2
My kids must have some hippy blood, those gingerbread men are seriously digging the tie dye look.

Anyone for a massive sugar rush? I’m going to fill my kids up with these bad boys and let them loose on moving week. They’ll have this house packed in seconds.

Oh and the boy’s eyesight is just fine. He is happy because he reeaaaaally didn’t want glasses. He tried to tell me right before the appointment that he didn’t need to go because he only holds his book close to copy me and that his eyes are really fine. πŸ™‚ But turns out he is right! The optometrist did suggest that I encourage him to hold the book farther away though, less strain on his eyes that way, but otherwise… 20/20 vision! So glad. And I had no idea they are supposed to go in for yearly appointments. Good to know! Dentist appointments on Thursday… will the fun never cease? Juno is afraid of all medical personnel. Like… scream her head off and fight like a crazy person to get away afraid. Like I said, fun! fun! fun!

• Reply Natashia November 30, 2011 at 2:14 am

The cookies look so great all decorated! Can we do fun stuff like this when I come in June???
    I totally identify with Juno’s fear of all things medical. I still cry and hyperventilate at injection time. Embarassing!!!

• Reply Christa November 30, 2011 at 3:23 pm

YES! I honestly can’t wait until you come…. the kids are at a fun age for almost everything now! I hope it won’t be too much like work to be here though, they are pretty well at the age of your students!

• Reply gottabekd November 30, 2011 at 6:32 am

Love the first pic of Justus! So cute! Glad his eyes are fine. I think I’m WAY overdue for my kids to have their eyes checked… uh oh. πŸ™‚

• Reply Christa November 30, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I really didn’t know you are supposed to go every year. I thought you only went if you had a concern. Oops! At least it’s covered by OHIP! I think the school has them checked though? I had heard that if you don’t the school will? So you may be fine! πŸ™‚

• Reply gottabekd November 30, 2011 at 10:03 pm

No, the school is a very very very basic eye test… just simple for near-sightedness. I remember in grade eight I realized I couldn’t see as well with my left eye but I totally cheated because I remembered everything from when I tested with my right eye. They passed me. I need to take my kidlets again, it’s been three years! Can’t wait to make cookies with the kids. Hope to do at least one Christmassy thing a day besides our advent calendar!

• Reply Jon December 1, 2011 at 10:03 am

Those cookies were amazing. They have been my breakfast two days in a row!

• Reply Lisa @ Just the 6 of us December 1, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Looks so yummy and fun! I can’t believe we haven’t done our yet. I might have to thrill the kids and keep them home from school one day to do them!

• Reply Jen December 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’m just a boring & weird Feingold Mom…I decorated ours with green and yellow icing only (green icing was made from some pureed spinach and yellow from turmeric!) πŸ™‚ I was going to do red with leftover beet juice, but it makes it too pink when combined with the white…not too “Christmasy”
    I just have to find some approved FG candy…not easily found! πŸ™‚